AQUAMEND is a hand mixable, specialty epoxy putty that mixes in just one minute for repairs to damp, wet areas and underwater applications. It may be applied under water in either fresh or salt water and will bond tenaciously to many substrates such as fiberglass, metal, wood, concrete, ceramics, glass, etc. When applying AQUAMEND to damp, wet, or immersed areas it is necessary to work the material forcefully into the surface and apply pressure until adhesion begins to take effect. In immersed applications, cure rate is dependent upon the temperature of the water just as it is affected by the air temperature in non-immersed applications. The lower the temperature, the longer it takes to cure.
AQUAMEND comes in a handy two or four-ounce concentric putty stick with the curing agent encapsulated in the contrasting color base material. The putty-like consistency eliminates drips and runs, providing “no mess” applications with no tools required for use. AQUAMEND has 100% solids content, will not shrink, and is water insoluble. The mixed epoxy turns from an aquamarine color to “fiberglass white” after mixing and will not yellow upon exposure to U.V. After final cure AQUAMEND may be drilled, sawed, sanded, filed, tapped, machined, or painted.
* Quick set up.
* Easy to use.
* Adheres to many substrates.
* Ideal for underwater repairs.
* Used to patch dings, scratches, cuts, gouges and holes in fiberglass, metal and wooden boat decks and hulls.
* To repair fittings, pipes, electrical connections, leaking gaskets, water tanks, tubs, battery cases, sinks, spas, hot tubs, tanks and pools.
* Ideal for making emergency in-water repairs.
* Can be sanded, drilled and sawed when cured.
* Will not yellow under UV exposure.
* Will not crack over time.
* Easily stored in a tool box.
AVAILABLE COLOURS & SIZES:
* 7/8” diameter sticks.
* 7” (4 oz.) length.
* Packed in a reusable clear plastic tubes.
* GOLDEN BROWN TITANIUM COLOUR AFTER CURE.